This just in! Metro Manila Film Festival entry Fan Girl bested 9 other movies as they secured the most number of major awards during the MMFF Gabi ng Parangal held remotely on Sunday.
The film has bagged the Best Picture and Best Director awards for Antonette Jadaone, while its lead stars Paulo Avelino and Charlie Dizon have each won individual trophies for their outstanding performances.
The film also bagged the coveted Best Screenplay, Best Sound, Best Editing, and Best Cinematography awards.
The film has also trended on Twitter during the MMFF opening day, sparking curiosity about its revelational acting and very controversial plot which tackles idolatry, persona duality, societal issues, and gender politics.
Other MMFF 2020 winners are:
- Best Visual Effects/ Best Production Design/ Best Musical Score: Magikland
- Best Original Theme Song: The Boy Foretold by the Stars
- Cultural Award: Suarez: The Healing Priest
- Gender Sensitivity Award: The Boy Foretold by the Stars
- Best Child Performer: Seiyo Masunaga (The Missing)
- Best Supporting Actress: Shaina Magdayao (Tagpuan)
- Best Supporting Actor: Michael de Mesa (Isa Pang Bahaghari)
Read our exclusive interview with Fan Girl’s director and writer Antonette Jadaone in the days to come.
- CATRIONA GRAY FINDS MORE REASONS TO SMILE WITH SPARKLE - September 16, 2021
- KIEHL’S DROPS A NEW SERUM TO FIGHT THE EFFECTS OF SKIN AGING - September 8, 2021
- 10 BEST SERUMS TO BRIGHTEN YOUR SKIN AND GIVE YOU THAT DEWY LOOK - September 2, 2021