Filipina-Italian, Celeste Cortesi of Pasay City was crowned the winner of the Miss Universe Philippines 2022 pageant held at the MOA Arena in Pasay. The finals aired on Saturday, April 30.
After weeks of stiff competition, Bea Gomez, who placed in the Top 5 of the Miss Universe pageant last year, officially passes down the title to the Pasay representative, who will now go on to represent the country on the international stage.
She wowed the judges by answering the final question: If you could stop time for a day, how would you spend it?
“In which the beauty queen graciously answered: If I could stop time, I would spend it with my family, especially [my] mother. It’s been two years since I haven’t spent time with my family because they live in Italy, and I came here in the Philippines just by myself. If I had a chance to spend one day, I would definitely be with my mom, and I would just tell her how much I love her and I miss her.”
The rest of the Top 5 were ranked as follows:
- Miss Universe Tourism: Michelle Marquez Dee of Makati
- Miss Universe Charity: Paulin Amelinckx of Bohol
- 1st runner-up: Annabelle McDonnell of Misamis Oriental
- 2nd runner-up: Ma. Katrina Llegado of Taguig City
32 women vied for the Miss Universe Philippines 2022 crown during the pageant finals.
It’s the third edition of the pageant under the Miss Universe Philippines organization. It’s also being held under extraordinary circumstances – the coronavirus pandemic.
- UNWRAPPING THE BLISS OF RELAXATION WITH JULIE ANNE SAN JOSE AND SID MADERAZO - November 22, 2023
- GAP CELEBRATES THE GIFT OF GRATITUDE IN LATEST CAMPAIGN - November 22, 2023
- CHECK OUT OGAWA’S HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE FOR THIS YEAR - October 15, 2023