It is confirmed, Cinemalaya will be streaming online starting August 7 to August 16.
With the theme “Streaming consciousness,” Cinemalaya Philippine Independent Film Festival has strengthened its reach and visibility through the use of the online video platform Vimeo on Demand as it migrates its offerings in the world wide web amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
The 16-year-old film festival traditionally holds its screening at the Cultural Center of the Philippines Complex in Pasay City, but due to the quarantine and several area lockdowns, the committee behind Cinemalaya has decided to stream the films online.
A minimum of P75 will fetch a bundle of five titles, while P350 will secure the entire library throughout the festival duration, organizers said.
Here’s a look at the 10 short film finalists in the main competition.
Ang Gasgas na Plaka ni Lolo Bert (The Broken Vinyl Record) by Janina Gacosta and Cheska Marfori
Ang Pagpakalma sa Unos (To Calm the Pig Inside) by Joanna Vasquez Arong
Excuse Me Miss, Miss, Miss by Sonny Calvento
Fatigued by James Robin Mayo
Living Things by Martika Ramirez Escobar
Pabasa Kan Pasyon by Hubert Tibi
Quing Lalam ning Aldo (Under the Sun) by Reeden Fajardo
The Slums by Jan Andrei Cobey
Tokwifi by Carla Pulido Ocampo
Utwas (Arise) by Richard Jeroui Salvadico and Arlie Sweet Sumagaysay
20 more shorts films have also been selected for special exhibition. They are:
1. “Gulis” (Lines) by Kyle Francisco
2. “Igib” (Fetch) by Joey Paras
3. “Grand Gestures” by Cody Abad
4. “Himagsik ng Hiwaga” (Revolt of the Mystic) by Geoffrey Solidum
5. “Paon” (Bait) by Seb Valdez
6. “Tahanan” by Mick Quito
7. “Tarang” (Life’s Pedal) by Arvin Belarmino
8. “Sumasaiyo,” (Yours Truly,) by Jermaine Tulbo
9. “Ang Meron sa Wala” (Beyond Nothing) by Arby and Christine Laraño
10. “Displaced” by Aedrian Araojo
11. “Jepoy” by Avid Liongoren
12. “Kung Saan Patag ang Bundok” (Where the Horizon Meets the Mountain) by Dolliete Cristi Mari Echon
13. “Octogod” by Shievar Olegario
14. “Pinakanakapagpapabagabag” (Most Disturbing Feeling) by Jermaine Tulbo
15. “Habak” (Charm) by Christian Paolo Lat and Mia Salisbury
16. “Si Gloria at si Juan” by Galliano Salvador
17. “Ang Nawalang Haligi” (Pillar) by Sarah Mya Regacho
18. “Dama de Noche” by Lawrence Arvin Sibug
19. “Mata” by Bryan Kenette Padilla
20. The Rooftop” by Avirup Biswas
- MEET THE FOUR NEW FACES OF PASHA DE CARTIER - September 21, 2020
- TREAT YOUR OLFACTORY WITH THESE NEW LOEWE PLANT-BASED HOME SCENTS - September 15, 2020
- THIS COULD BE THE BEST UBE CHEESE PANDESAL IN THE MARKET - September 10, 2020