Last April 24, during his public address, Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque introduced a new term that left the viewers agog and confused, the GCQ.
But what does GCQ really mean? Roque explained that GCQ stands for General Community Quarantine. It is the more relaxed version of the quarantine measures in the Philippines which will start on May 1, 2020. Roque even opted to GCQ as the new normal state while the Philippines is still facing the threat of COVI-19 Pandemic.
PROVINCES AND CITIES UNDER GCQ
These cities and provinces will be under GCQ from May 1 until May 15.
- Aurora, Abra, Ilocos Norte, La Union, Cagayan, Isabela, Nueva Vizcaya, Marinduque, Camarines Sur, Aklan, Capiz, Samar, Western Samar, Zamboanga del Sur, Lanao del Norte, Misamis Occidental, Misamis Oriental, North Cotabato, South Cotabato, Maguindanao, Davao del Norte, Davao de Oro, Negros Occidental, Negros Oriental, Siquijor, Davao del Sur, Davao Oriental, Sultan Kudarat, Lanao del Sur, Apayao, Mountain Province, Ifugao, Kalinga, Ilocos Sur, Batanes, Quirino, Aurora, Palawan, Romblon, Camarines Norte, Sorsogon, Masbate, Guimaras, Bohol, Biliran, Eastern Samar, Leyte, Northern Samar, Southern Leyte, Zamboanga del Norte, Zamboanga Sibugay, Bukidnon, Camiguin, Davao Occidental, Sarangani, Agusan del Sur, Dinagat Island, Surigao del Norte, Surigao del Sur, Agusan del Norte, Basilan, and Sulu.
Public transportation is allowed but only in a reduced capacity. Airports and seaports may operate, but only to ensure the unhampered flow of goods.
WHAT ARE THE INCLUDED INDUSTRIES?
There will also be 50-100% reopening of select establishments subject to minimum health standards. With that, these are the industries that are allowed to operate in full operation:
- Fisheries and Forestry sectors
- Food Manufacturing and all supply chains
- Hygine Product industry
- Medical Cliniscs
- Veterinary clinics
- Water services
- Energy services
- Internet services
- Telecommunications services
- beverages (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic)
- cement and steel
- electrical machinery
- wood products, furniture
- non-metallic products
- textiles and apparel
- tobacco products
- paper and paper products
- rubber and plastic products
- refined petroleum products
- other non-metallic mineral products
- computer, electronic, and optical products
- electrical equipment
- machinery and equipment
- motor vehicles, trailers, and semi-trailers
- other transport equipment
- delivery for essential and non-essential items
- repair and maintenance services
- housing and office services
These are the following stores inside the malls or commercial centers that can start operating:
- hardware stores
- clothing and accessory stores
- barbershops, salon, spas, and other personal care industries
- restaurants for take-out and delivery only
SCHOOLS AND UNIVERSITIES
Higher educational institutions can finish the academic year and hand out credentials. But all other schools must remain closed until September 2020. However, schools can conduct online classes, subject to Department of Education guidelines.
WHAT’S STILL NOT ALLOWED?
Establishments considered “leisure” must remain completely closed even under GCQ.
- gyms, fitness studios, sports facilities
- bars, pubs
- sports-related mass gatherings like training, games, tournaments
- theaters, cinemas
- libraries, museums, archives, and other cultural activities
- religious gatherings
- travel agency, tour operator, reservation service, and related activities
- trade shows, conferences, conventions, workshops, retreats
- election rallies, polling centers, parades, speeches
WHO ARE NOT ALLOWED TO GO OUT?
According to the new GCQ rule, persons aged 0 to 20 years old and those who are 60 years old and up, as well as those people with high-risk factors (diabetes, lung, and heart disease) must stay at home.
- INCREASE YOUR BUSINESS PROFITABILITY THIS 2022 WITH ZILINGO - January 18, 2022
- THESE ARE THE 7 HEALTH BENEFITS OF EATING TAHO - January 18, 2022
- 8 THINGS ABOUT K-POP YOU NEVER KNEW ABOUT - January 18, 2022