Visiting Cambodia, soon? Please take note that it may be a bit heavy on the wallet and harder than usual, so you better be ready.
As reported by Cambodia’s Ministry of Health, traveling to the country won’t be as easy as ABC anymore especially during the new normal. In the report, it says that a traveler must pay a premium deposit amount just to enter the country worth USD 3,000 or approximately Php150,000 to cover all COVID-19 related costs that may be incurred during the visit. This includes mandatory COVID testing, self-quarantine fees, potential medical treatment, and of course, funeral costs.
In a public document posted online which you can view here. The comprehensive breakdown states that in pursuant to Cambodia’s inter-ministerial committee to combat the pandemic is going to have safety measures to protect everyone, tourists, travelers and locals from the possible spread of the virus. Hence, in the public document, it shares that:
1. The traveler must have a mandatory COVID-19 test and pay a quarantine fee worth USD 165 or approximately Php 8,250.
2. If proven negative but on the same flight as a positive case. A 14-day quarantine fee must be settled worth USD 1,281 or approximately Php64, 050.
3. If the tested person is positive, he/she must settle hospital charges worth USD 330/ day or approximately Php16, 500.
4. The funeral cost is at USD 1,500 or approximately Php75,000.
Though this news may seem to be a hefty valuation on your bank, the ministry assured that if the traveler happened to test negative for COVID-19, the remaining deposit after the mandatory test will be reimbursed right away.
- STARBUCKS PHILIPPINES RELEASES NEW MUST-TRY HOLIDAY CONCOCTIONS - October 28, 2020
- 7 TIPS IN WORKING PRODUCTIVELY ACCORDING TO DYSON ENGINEERS - October 28, 2020
- MARKS AND SPENCER FOOD IS NOW AVAILABLE IN METROMART - October 26, 2020