Taho has become a morning staple for most Filipinos especially during this new normal. Aside from its one-of-a-kind taste taho is a hearty cup full of nutrients and packed with minerals essential for the body.
Though many are undeniably fond of eating taho, lots of people are also not too aware of the benefits that they can get from consuming it.
Taho is a Philippine snack food made of fresh soft/silken tofu or bean curd with mini tapioca pearls and sweet caramelized sugar syrup.
It is an iconic and ubiquitous street hawker food that remains popular to this day. This staple comfort food is a signature sweet and can be found all over the country. Its origins can be traced to Chinese influences and have since become a mainstream favorite for generations.
There is an impressive list of benefits that you can get from taho which will surely make you love this food even more. Here is a simple guide on what you can surprisingly get from eating taho. School from our list after the jump.
It helps prevent cardiovascular diseases
Soy isoflavones which can be found in taho have the capacity to reduce the level of LDL or bad cholesterol in the body. Taho can also be a primer alternative as a protein source that is essential for the body.
It helps prevent Heart Disease.
The antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of soy peptides found in fermented soy food like tofu can help protect the blood vessels from oxidative and inflammatory damage.
It can lower the risk of Osteoporosis
The soy isoflavones of taho help in lowering bone loss and increasing the density of the bone minerals.
It reduces menopausal side effects
During menopause, the body’s natural production of estrogen stops, and symptoms may arise. As phytoestrogens act as weak estrogen, they may help relieve symptoms by boosting levels slightly, reducing hot flushes in some women.
It helps prevent type 2 diabetes
High levels of total soy intake (approximately200 grams per day) have also been associated with decreased risk of type 2 diabetes. Soy foods have been shown to lessen insulin resistance by increasing the synthesis of insulin receptors.
It is believed to be a fountain of youth
It can actually exert antioxidant effects, directly or indirectly. Thus, healthy consumption of taho can aid in preventing pre-mature aging and can also increase bone density in female spines.
It is packed with vitamins and minerals good for overall health
Indeed, a high intake of soy-based products can also help prevent breast cancer, osteoporosis, and even cardiovascular diseases. Taho is Packed with Vitamins and enriched with minerals. Check the nutrition facts below.
- Lunasin– a soy peptide discovered by a Filipino scientist from UP Los Baños named Alfredo Galvez
- Protein– good for muscles and tissues
- Carbohydrates– that gives our body energy for our daily use
- Folic acid– for the brain and it’s good for pregnant women
- Calcium– strengthen our bones and teeth
- Vitamin B1/ Thiamin– it helps to convert carbohydrates into energy
- It also has Riboflavin/ Vitamin B, Zinc, Phosphorus, Iron, Vitamin B4, and a whole lot more.
- 6 FACTS ABOUT M ISS UNIVERSE 2022 R’BONNEY GABRIEL - January 15, 2023
- READ MISS UNIVERSE 2022TOP THREE Q&A COMPLETE TRANSCRIPT - January 15, 2023
- MISS USA R’BONNEY GABRIEL IS THE NEW MISS UNIVERSE - January 15, 2023