KOREAN STAR HWANG IN YOUP IS THE NEW FACE OF BYS
- By Style MNL staff
- 2 years ago in BEAUTY AND GROOMING
- No Comments
It’s 2021 and we welcome you to an all-embracing world where we are all beautiful. We are moving toward a better place where beauty is more about individuality and self-awareness and becoming less a matter of the generations-old perceived perfection.
This 2021, we Uncover Beauty with BYS Philippines.
This year’s campaign is a testament to the brand’s voice of empowerment in the beauty landscape, with both the makeup and skincare lines at the forefront.
Many times, makeup is seen as a tool for hiding flaws—but that shouldn’t always be the case. Makeup is not a means to cover imperfections but a way to express what is truly inside. In the same vein, our skincare routine plays an important part in self-care in order for us to maintain a healthy relationship with ourselves.
Loving yourself harder through your skincare routine allows you to become comfortable in the skin you are in. Discovering your creativity through makeup also means revealing what makes you… you. And it is in loving ourselves and being able to express ourselves where we become empowered to Uncover True Beauty—a message BYS Philippines has conveyed steadfastly through the years.
In so doing, BYS Philippines is launching rising South Korean star, Hwang In Youp, as the new face of the brand.
With his striking looks and edgy personality, Hwang In Youp initially pursued modeling before making his acting debut with the lead role in the webdrama, “W.H.Y.” After which, he has appeared in a number of television dramas including “Freshman” (2019), “The Tale of Nokdu” (2019), and “18 Again” (2020).
He gained further recognition in “True Beauty” (2020), which is based on the Line Webtoon of the same title. The show features a young girl who uses makeup to express herself. Hwang In Youp plays one of her love interests who sees and falls for the lead character despite the latter being ridiculed by their peers because of her use of makeup.
“This story is something that strikes a chord with our 2021 campaign, Uncover Beauty,” iFace General Manager, Angie Goyena reveals.
“And signing on Hwang In Youp as our endorser is a statement about our stubborn assumptions concerning gender and beauty. This is an opportunity for us to smash stereotypes and shift away from standards, as well as be that voice to help shape the way we see beauty,” she adds.
With the launch of Hwang In Youp also comes the introduction of Skin by BYS Minis. Merely months after Skin by BYS’ release, it has slowly strengthened its foothold in the local skincare scene and gained brand love and loyalty, thanks to its effectiveness and quality.
The Skin by BYS Minis is a novel offering of the same high-quality skincare that contains Botaniceutical Plus – 10 at a more affordable, handy packaging. The set includes the following:
- Extra Gentle Milk Jelly Cleanser is a non-irritating formula suitable for all skin types and when used daily, yields a smoother and brighter complexion.
- Extra Hydrating Balancing Toner is a hydrating toner formulated with hyaluronic acid that helps restore skin elasticity and reduce fine lines while keeping moisture locked in.
- Extra Glow Brightening Serum is a lightweight serum rich in vitamin C and natural skin boosters including Papaya and Lime Fruit Extract. Consistent use results in visibly brighter and plumper skin with a more youthful, healthy glow.
- Extra Glow Face Cream is a total brightening cream that leaves skin glowing.
- Extra Brightening Eye Cream visibly brightens the skin around the eyes and helps diminish puffiness, thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties and other natural skin boosters.
- Extra Effortless Pore Perfecting Sunblock is a weightless sunscreen with broad-spectrum SPF 50 PA+++, as well as pore-blurring and sebum-controlling properties. It has a Green Tea Leaf Extract, which effectively protects the skin against UV damage, consequently preventing photoaging and weakening of collagen and elastin fibers.
The serum, the face cream, and the eye cream have been reformulated to add BuleResisterWE, a polyphenol component of wine that aids in protection against exposure to the high-energy blue light emitted from screens, which cause premature aging.
Along with the six products, the set also comes with two limited-edition Hwang In Youp photocards—an absolute treat to the fans!
Consider this as your starter kit for a professional skin care regimen that targets most skin concerns: deep cleansing, dryness, irritation, dull and uneven skin tone, improving elasticity, and fighting free radicals linked to aging.
Skin by BYS Minis is an innovative way not only for you to try a complete Korean skincare routine, but also to discover what wonderfully works without breaking the bank. Moreover, it is the brand’s way of making skincare accessible, and beauty more democratized. After all, in the world of beauty, everyone has the right to be here.
Skin by BYS is exclusively available at Watsons, The SM Store, and online on Amorfia, Watsons, and ShopSM.
- 20 REASONS WHY TRAVELERS NEED TO VISIT BLUEWATER SUMILON - May 17, 2023
- 7 SNAILWHITE SKINCARE PRODUCTS FROMTHAT YOU NEED TO BUY - May 13, 2023
- MONTBLANC THE LIBRARY SPIRIT RELEASES ITS NEW EPISODE - May 12, 2023